MAKEUP DETOX! 14 DAYS OF NO MAKEUP: SO FAR…
So if you follow me on twitter @LLynn_J you’d notice that I have been ranting about me trying to wear makeup only when ‘necessary’ or on important occasions, meaning an average of twice a week.
Truthfully, the main reason for me doing this ‘challenge‘ is because of the weather lately, Just unrelatably Hot. Furthermore, I just felt I should try detoxifying my skin i.e a little off products, more water and wash my makeup brushes lol.
1. AWARENESS: Besides the fact that makeup when not properly taken off could clog or irritate your skin, it makes you less aware of your skin’s needs. Since I’ve stopped wearing makeup as much, I noticed a few skin issues which are now more apparent on my bare skin. Some of which are large pores on my nose, scarring from previous breakouts and minor discolorations. I’m not saying that I didn’t realise these things before, but being makeup free gave me the kick to treat them. Now I exfoliate more often and I use my cleansers more diligently. For the slight discolouration I think it’s from sun burn, but as soon as I get sunscreen It’d be fine.
2. BROW GROOMING: I Have naturally full brows but I don’t go out of my way to keep them extra groomed. Wearing full makeup includes filling your brows and concealing imperfections, now that I’m weaning myself off that I realised that I should have well-kept brows with/without makeup. Groomed brows not only frames your face, it makes you look ‘awake’.
3. I NEED EXTRA SLEEP: The first day I went out without makeup someone asked me if I was ok, because my eyes looked puffy lol. I felt a bit bad because I have the same sleep pattern (sleep late-up early) but being makeup free pronounced it all. Whereas on days when I get a good night rest I receive compliments like ” You are glowing, you look radiant ” etc…. all without makeup.
4. WEATHER FRIENDLY: Lol This is the most obvious advantage. I love the ease of wiping off my face with wipes when I get oily. No shocking before or afters. Just nice! If Lagos decides to be Glasgow or Dubai, I feel alright. No fears of makeup running off or need to blot my skin stylishly.
5. I MOISTURISE MORE: Nowadays I seem to lean towards my cream more often, Since I know I’d be barefaced I don’t want to look dry or ashy right after shower, so I moisturize well before leaving home. Plus moisturising is great. it keeps your skin supple and hydrated.
5. WEARING MAKEUP FEELS MORE REWARDING: I don’t know why this is, but at the end of each week when I wear makeup for church it feels like an achievement, in fact so far I feel makeup application is smoother when your skin has been allowed to breathe for a while.
1. Would I continue the detox: Most probably, I don’t want to make anything a “must-do”. I should be able to go out to places makeup free without feeling shy or less confident. However, I still love my makeup and would wear it fully on days I feel like it. Glam doesn’t hurt.
2. Do I feel like my skin is better off: Not necessarily to be honest. I just know better now that I should always take off my makeup properly when I do apply it.
So that’s all!
Do let me know what you think about “makeup detox” for makeup lovers….
Hope your week has been great so far?
Got Questions, requests or suggestions? Kindly leave a comment below…