I’ve done a similar post to this in the past, but here’s an updated version. These are 6 tested and trusted lipsticks for darker skinned ladies. A lot of women of colour still complain about “shades/colours not suiting them” but I beg to differ. I love lipsticks, I wear them everyday I wear makeup (Yes I do). I don’t like lip gloss and I just wouldn’t wear it alone, i.e without a lipstick/Lipstain base. These Lipsticks are colours I wear myself, so fear not lol.
1. Sleek Papaya punch: This lipstick is coral-orange, it’s really rich and I love the way it applies smoothly. It also serves as a good gradient when applied in the middle of a purple lipstick.
2. MAC Ruby Woo: Any makeup lover knows the wonders of a red lipstick. It’s a deep yet vibrant red, although a little drying but it’s nothing lip balm can’t solve. Apply prior to application.
3. Sleek Mystic : I love purple lipstick and after MAC heroine, this comes next. It’s not a dupe for heroine but it serves as a good purple lipstick. Velvety and smooth too.
4. MAC Fixed on drama: Amazing colour! it’s like cocoa, pink and burgundy had a baby. Very pigmented and looks great on both dark and fair skin.
5. MAC Flat out fabulous: My favorite lipstick in the world. End of discussion
6. Kate Rimmel nude : This lipstick leans more to brown than a pink nude. I like it on days when I’m wearing a natural look. A little lip-liner and gloss over it and you’re good to go.
Hope this helps you when next you’re in the makeup aisle, but remember! no matter how great a product is, application is what matters.
All lipsticks mentioned in this post are my personal favourites, Do let me know yours! I’d really love to know … I love to mix colours to create a gradient, ombre or even a new colour.
Help to improve the blog, Pls complete this 10seconds poll! Thank you.[polldaddy poll=7939071]
Missed my last post? Read Here
Hello beautiful people!
I’d be showing on Ebonylife TV on the ‘blog it’ segment! You can watch me this morning at 11:30am for those who missed the 5:30/8:30pm broadcast last night. I was feeling bad I couldn’t watch it from here, but thanks to technology I got to view the show!
My amazing friend Kemi A.k.a Peachy Kemog (Remember her wedding post HERE) watched it and tuned me in via Skype (she literally turned her phone to the Tv). I was so excited! My family is here currently so we all watched it together. I don’t think I would ever get used to it lol.
I’d be showing once Every week till year end so you can catch me every Tuesday/wednesday at 5:30 pm, with reruns at 8:30pm, 11:30pm and 11:30am the next day on EL NOW, Channel 165 DSTV.
Do watch and feel free to tweet at me when you do!
Oh yes! Today is also a great day! Happy independence to a great country Nigeria! Hope you’re enjoying the public holiday! God bless Nigeria!
Hello! This is a simple Green-fruit smoothie I filmed for you lovelies! I am on this 30day smoothie plan by @simplegreensmoothies on Instagram. Thanks to my friend Roseline for letting me in on it! They make amazing healthy and easy smoothies. I love smoothies but finding new recipes is the challenge, But now thanks to […]