I’ve done a similar post to this in the past, but here’s an updated version. These are 6 tested and trusted lipsticks for darker skinned ladies. A lot of women of colour still complain about “shades/colours not suiting them” but I beg to differ. I love lipsticks, I wear them everyday I wear makeup (Yes I do). I don’t like lip gloss and I just wouldn’t wear it alone, i.e without a lipstick/Lipstain base. These Lipsticks are colours I wear myself, so fear not lol.
1. Sleek Papaya punch: This lipstick is coral-orange, it’s really rich and I love the way it applies smoothly. It also serves as a good gradient when applied in the middle of a purple lipstick.
2. MAC Ruby Woo: Any makeup lover knows the wonders of a red lipstick. It’s a deep yet vibrant red, although a little drying but it’s nothing lip balm can’t solve. Apply prior to application.
3. Sleek Mystic : I love purple lipstick and after MAC heroine, this comes next. It’s not a dupe for heroine but it serves as a good purple lipstick. Velvety and smooth too.
4. MAC Fixed on drama: Amazing colour! it’s like cocoa, pink and burgundy had a baby. Very pigmented and looks great on both dark and fair skin.
5. MAC Flat out fabulous: My favorite lipstick in the world. End of discussion
6. Kate Rimmel nude : This lipstick leans more to brown than a pink nude. I like it on days when I’m wearing a natural look. A little lip-liner and gloss over it and you’re good to go.
Hope this helps you when next you’re in the makeup aisle, but remember! no matter how great a product is, application is what matters.
All lipsticks mentioned in this post are my personal favourites, Do let me know yours! I’d really love to know … I love to mix colours to create a gradient, ombre or even a new colour.
Help to improve the blog, Pls complete this 10seconds poll! Thank you.
Missed my last post? Read Here